RacePoint Interactive Map*
Runners: Use this map to view important course information including on-course amenities, cheer stations, and parking.
Spectators: Use this map to view the best spots to cheer on your friends and family.
Residents: Use this map to view road closures in your area.RacePoint Interactive Map
The start line is located on 97th by the Alberta Legislature Grounds.
- Pre-race announcements and warm up will begin at 7:00am in the amphitheatre.
- Runners have been assigned to coloured corrals based on their expected finish time.
- Runners are encouraged to warm up with their corral colour groups. Head to the flag in the amphitheatre that corresponds with the coloured stripe on your bib.
- The race will be a wave start per the timing below. Corrals will start in waves to maximize the amount of space runners have at the start, on course and at the finish line.
- You will only be allowed to enter the corral that corresponds with the stripe on your bib, except for the purple corral which is open to everyone
- You must arrive by 7:15am. Runners who arrive after the purple wave has departed (7:45am) will not be allowed to start the race. There will not be any exceptions to this time limit.
- Corrals will start in waves to maximize the amount of space runners have at the start, on course and at the finish line
- There will be volunteers holding a rope between each corral. Volunteers will guide each corral forward to the start line, the rope holders will move out of the way and you will be signaled to start
- Competitive Age Category Runners: Awards will be based on Chip Time
- If a corral change is required, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 9th or visit the Help Desk at package pickup or on race day
*Times are subject to change
|< 50 minutes||7:30am|
The finish line is located on the Alberta Legislature Grounds.
To keep congestion for runners in the finish area under control, we encourage you to make arrangements to meet at the Friends & Family Meeting Zone located in the post-race area.
Course Restrictions and Support
For the safety of all runners, baby carriers, skateboards, roller blades, Kangoo Jump shoes, animals and unauthorized bicycles and wheeled devices are not permitted in any of the Canada Running Series races.
Children: Everyone participating in this event must be registered, that includes children. We highly recommend that children under the age of 12 be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
The time limit to complete the 10K course is 1 hour 40 minutes. Those still on course after this time may be asked to move to the sidewalk to complete the course as an ‘informed pedestrian’.
Water and electrolytes will be available at the following locations:
- Start Line Area (water only)
- On Course @ Aid Stations
- Finish Line
- Party Site (water only)
Portable washroom facilities will be located at the start and finish areas, and at all course water stations.
Odyssey Medical will provide medical services on course and at the finish line medical tent.
City of Edmonton Paramedic Services will have a dedicated unit on the course and at the finish line.
Hotel and Travel
Run Hotel Headquarters 2019
We’re proud to be working with the Westin Edmonton as our Official Hotel Partner.
Enjoy a 2k walk from your bed to the start line race morning at low rates of:
- $149/night for single/double
- $174/night for triple
- $199/night for quad
Reservations can be made by calling the central reservation toll-free number at 1-800-937-8461 or through the online booking portal .
Prizing and Awards
Don’t just win your prize, claim it! Participants have 30 days to claim any prizes.
If you did not pick up your award on race day, please contact us at: email@example.com
|Top Canadian Men & Women†
|Masters Men & Women
|Age Categories Men & Women
- “Canadian” is defined as: Citizens; Landed immigrants; and Refugees with official status who have been domiciled in Canada for at least one year (proof may be required).
- Master defined as: athlete being 40 years old plus, day of event.
- The Edmonton 10k is sanctioned and certified by Athletics Alberta, Athletics Canada and the IAAF.
Note: Winners of the Canadian and Masters divisions are not eligible for the age category prizing.
† minus 25% for slower than 30:00 (Men) and 35:20 (Women); minus 50% for slower than 31:30 (Men) and 37:40 (Women).
- We do not accept emails or telephone calls.
- Only applications submitted through the online elite application form are considered, but please note we do NOT issue invitations for athletes requiring a VISA to attend this event.
- All athletes must have run on a certified course since January 1, 2018.
- An Elite Athlete application does NOT guarantee entry. All applications must be approved by the CRS Race Director.
- We will inform each applicant of their elite status one week after the application deadline. Best efforts will be made to offer early acceptance where possible.
- The 2019 Elite Athlete Application closed on June 1, 2019.
Open — sub 31:00
Sub Elite — sub 32:00
Masters — sub 35:00
Open — sub 34:00
Sub Elite — sub 37:00
Masters — sub 40:00
Click HERE for the full Elite Starting List at the lululemon Edmonton 10K
Athletes with a Disability
If you are visually impaired and would like to be matched with a guide runner, please contact Achilles Canada at www.achillescanada.ca.
Brought to you by