Sunday September 24, 2023
A race in, for, and with the Eastside!
Join us on September 24, 2023 for the in-person Under Armour Eastside 10K as we return to the streets of Vancouver’s historic Gastown neighbourhood. It’s the perfect goal race to keep you motivated throughout the summer!
Race Kit Includes:
- Finisher’s Medal
- Under Armour technical race shirt
- Race bib with timing chip
- Under Armour 8-Week Training Plan
- Limited edition Under Armour Eastside 10K hoodie (Only available with registration for the Vancouver Special)
The 10K race will begin at 8:30 a.m. PST.
Start location: Cordova Street at Abbott Street (across from Woodward’s Atrium)
The Finish Line for the 10K is located on Cordova Street at Abbott Street.
Start Location — Woodward’s Development
Course Certification – BC-2017-069-BDC
The 10K course is marked at every kilometre.
Full Route Description
Runners start and finish on Cordova Street beside the Woodward’s Building. Heading west, runners turn onto Water St and run through Gastown, continuing onto Alexander Street to Gore Avenue. The route circles Oppenheimer Park, then follows Alexander Street under Heatley Avenue and onto the Powell Street overpass. Runners continue on Powell Street up to Dundas Street, then climb Templeton Drive up to loop around Pandora Park before returning down Dundas Street and back onto Powell Street. The route continues onto Alexander Street and then drops down to Railway Street before returning to Gastown on Alexander Street. Runners then turn up Columbia St, take a right onto Powell Street, then take Carrall Street to Cordova Street to finish back at Woodward’s.
Watch it in action – video map of course.
10K: Maximum 3,000 participants.
- No wheeled devices other than athletes registered to be using adaptive aids, wheelchairs or strollers, are permitted on the 10K course. Please see information for adaptive athletes below.
- No dogs or other animals are permitted on the course, with the exception of service animals, which should be visibly identifiable as such.
- Participants using Nordic poles are requested to start in the last corral.
- The course is restricted to registered participants only; coaches or unregistered pace runners are not permitted on course.
- Each participant is required to wear the identifying race bib on their front, outermost layer. Disqualification may result from non-compliance with any of the above terms.
Participants Using Strollers
Participants wishing to race with a stroller must indicate this in their registration. An additional “stroller” bib will be provided and must be worn on the back of the participant pushing the stroller. This additional bib is for everyone’s safety and indicates to other participant that there is a stroller on course. The course includes steep hill sections, and the stroller should be equipped with a tether and brakes.
Participants pushing a stroller will be assigned to the last corral and asked to start at the back. Please note, only one finisher’s medal will be provided for this entry.
Participants Requiring a Support Guide
Participants requiring a guide are welcome in the event.
When registering a guide, there are two options:
- A “GUIDE” entry will be provided at no cost, with proof of registration of the participant requiring the guide. The guide will not receive a race shirt, race bib, or finisher’s medal.
- Alternatively, guide can register in the event and pay the standard registration fee. They will receive the race shirt, bib, and finisher’s medal. Guide bib will also be provided.
All guide entry requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The City of Vancouver has a 1h45min time limit on the road closures for the Under Armour Eastside 10K. The course will reopen to traffic on a rolling schedule after the final participant, based on a 1h45min finishing time (10min30sec per kilometre pace).
Please do not enter the event if you are unable to meet the time restriction. Slower participants may be required to move to the sidewalk they over the race time limitations.
The Start Line will close 10 minutes after the scheduled start time, late participants will not be permitted to start and will forfeit an official race time.
*What happens if I don’t complete the race within the course time limit?
Three water stations will be located on route. Water and Nuun (electrolytes) will be available at each station and at the Start and Finish lines.
Toilets will be located at the Start and Finish Areas and on course near the Water Stations.
Trained medical personnel will be located at the Start/Finish Area and on course.
If you require medical assistance along the course, please head to the closest Water Station and the medical team will be called to assist you there.
In the event that you need to drop out of the event, we again request that you inform the medical team or the closest Water Station so that they may pass this information on to the Finish Line.