21KGDL. 26 February 2023.
“Please join me for some beautiful warm weather and a great race in my favourite Mexican city. It’s México auténtico!”
- One of the best half marathons in all of Latin America in Mexico’s most beautiful city.
- Home of mariachi, tequila, art, architecture & culture. Great street food, restaurants, coffee shops & markets.
- A city for running where Mayor Pablo Lemus runs the race (he ran 2022 as a guide for a blind runner)
- Only a short onward flight or 5 hours on the Executive bus to Puerto Vallarta and Pacific sunsets. ETN bus or Primera Plus lines (about CAD$50 fare). And a marvellous, scenic ride through the mountains to the coast.
- Or take the day excursion on the Tequila Train to the Jose Cuervo distillery.
- Plus Tlaquepaque, or Ajijic day trips.
REGISTER ONLINE [INSCRÍBITE AQUÍ]
(Email Alan if it’s a challenge!) Cost: 250 pesos or CAD$20)
HOW TO GET THERE
At least 3 options. YOUR choice!
- YYZ or YUL to Houston (IAH) then GDL. Easiest. Cheapest
- YYZ or YUL to MEX Mexico City, then onto GDL
- YYZ or YUL to Puerto Vallarta for some days on the beach before and after the long weekend in Guadalajara (see bus recommendations above)
WHERE TO STAY
Fiesta Americana La Minerva. Excellent, 4-star hotel with great breakfasts, plus Starbucks just across the street. Right on top of the Start/Finish line! ONLY C$129/night for an Executive King or Executive Double room.
OR recommended Airbnbs in the Colonia Americana neighbourhood
The perfect month to visit. Cool in the mornings for running at the 1600m altitude; beautiful, warm sunshine in the afternoons. 5c to 7c overnight lows; 25c to 27c highs in the afternoons. Don’t forget your sunscreen and cap!
- Course Map here
- Medals included
- Shirts included
HOW TO GET AROUND
¿No hablas español? No hay problema con UBER. Use your UBER app and book your rides in English anywhere around town – know where you’re going and how much it costs.
MiBici. Guadalajara’s City bike rental network. Really excellent with proper, safe separated bike lanes!
THINGS TO DO
- Best park to run in: Parque Metropolitano (take an Uber or MiBici to the Torre Amarillo orTorre Rojo)
- El Centro: “Guadalajara: Capital of Culture” is a MUST!
- Palacio de Gobierno & José Clemente Orozco’s 2ajestic murals
- Catedral de Guadalajara
- Instituto Cultural Cabañas
- Palacio Legislativo
- Mercado San Juan de Dios
Check Country Collectors’ video for more information.
INTERESTED? HAVE QUESTIONS? Ask Alan.