Virtual Race Safety Tips
- Complete your race solo. Do not run with anyone else, unless they live in your household
- If you are running with someone from your household, run single file, allowing others to pass you easily and safely
- Avoid high traffic pedestrian and vehicle areas. Run or walk close to home in your neighbourhood during a quieter time of day.
- Adhere to social distancing practices* while you are out running or walking. Can you safely pass someone? Can you run safely on the road? Make sure you always have a safe way to move around people to maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Complete your run on a treadmill, if this is an option that is available to you and that you would prefer.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather.
- Bring water and/or nutrition if you’re planning a longer route. There are no water stations along the way in a virtual race.
- Carry a cell phone with you during your virtual race and tell someone the route you’re running in case of an emergency.
* follow the advice of your local public health authority, to help stop the spread of coronavirus.