You can run The Vancouver Special however you wish, a 5K and a 10K separately, a full 15K all at once, or break it down into smaller portions! You’ll input your results into the 5K and 10K distances separately, so if you choose to run it all together, you have to split your time in order to input your result. More details on how to input your results will be available closer to the race period.
Wherever you are! The joy of running a Virtual Race is you can start it right outside your front door. Please follow the guidelines outlined by your local government regarding running outdoors to ensure you are keeping yourself and your community safe. Follow normal street lights and traffic regulations like any typical solo training run you do.
Virtual Race Safety Tips
– Adhere to social distancing practices* while you are out running or walking.
– Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather.
– Bring water and/or nutrition if you’re planning a longer route.
– Carry a cell phone with you during your virtual race and tell someone the route you’re running in case of emergency.
* follow the advice of your local public health authority,