There are a number of options to get to the start line (E. Mall and Thunderbird Blvd) on race day:
- Regular bus service. The following bus routes service UBC in time for race start on Sunday morning, including the R4, #14, and #49 (first bus only). Use the translink trip planner for further details and best options.
- Additional bus service: We have added three buses to the Translink schedule to help our runners get to race start: these include one #25 bus leaving King Edward and Cambie at 6:20am, and two #99 buses leaving Commercial/Broadway Stn at 6:15am and 6:30am and following the regular #99 route. These buses require the regular passenger fares. Please note, due to the closure of W. Broadway at MacDonald for Greek Day, this #99 service will reroute to W. 4th Avenue at MacDonald and will not serve regular #99 stops on W. Broadway west of MacDonald.
- EVO – If you are already an EVO member, grab a vehicle and head up to the start line! Find out about UBC parking here: https://evo.ca/FAQ#How-does-parking-at-UBC-work
- If you’re not yet an EVO member, sign-up today and use the code EVOXRUN for free membership and 30 free driving minutes.
- Shuttle from the downtown Vancouver – From the Delta Hotel (550 West Hastings), shuttle boarding begins at 6am, leaving at 6:15am sharp. Buses will be located on Seymour between Pender and Hastings. This is a paid shuttle service, $16 one-way (no return service offered). Pre-purchase is required during registration or through our registration store here: https://raceroster.com/store/55315/listing . Bus will be filled to regular capacity, and masks may be required while riding. Limited seats available, book early!
- Personal car – there are a number of parking options near the start line, the closest parkade is Thunderbird Parkade at Wesbrook Mall and Thunderbird Blvd. We offer free shuttles from the finish area back to the start line from 9:30am – 11:30am!
Yes, baggage check will be available on Race Day. 5K baggage check is located at the 5K start/finish area. 21K baggage check will be located at the 21K start line, and we will bring it to the finish for you! Look out for the baggage check buses in the 21K finish area when you’re done your race and be sure to keep your bib, you’ll need this to pick up your gear!
Yes! There is a free shuttle for 21K participants from the finish back to the start line.
We also offer a paid one-way shuttle from downtown Vancouver to the 21K start line. This shuttle ticket can be purchased during registration or at a later date through the runner store on the registration page here.
Based on your situation, please follow the Vancouver Coastal Health guidelines found here.
Yes! The participant will register using the online registration system.
Please contact email@example.com to provide your support person’s name and contact information by May 25th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Your guide has 2 options:
1. The guide can participate in the event at no cost. They will need to complete the event waiver and wear two “GUIDE” bibs, one on their front, and one on their back.
2. The guide can pay the full registration fee. They will receive the event shirt, bib with timing chip & finisher’s medal. They will need to wear the event “GUIDE” bib on their back.
When the participant picks up their race kit, they will receive the additional “GUIDE” bib(s).
If you have any questions about the information above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require an alternate assistive device or have any questions or comments with respect to the Accessible Customer Service or registration process offered by Canada Running Series, please contact us at email@example.com
The finish line is located in front of the Museum of Vancouver. The finish line is the same for both the half marathon and the 5K.
*Please note that the course is subject to change.*
Visit our website to view the race course map with the start and finish lines:
We will be sending out the iTabs recognizing you as an age category winner up to 2 weeks following race day. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org