Run for the sake of others in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge!
The Scotiabank Charity Challenge is a unique opportunity for runners and walkers to fundraise for charities in our community.
Make your Half Marathon or 5k more meaningful by going the distance for one of our Official Charities. Run or walk in honour of a loved one or to simply give something back to your community. No matter which distance you participate in, your fundraising makes a difference!
Simply choosing a charity and raising donations brings them closer to their goal! Check out the great incentive programs unique to each charity team—to keep you motivated and to reward your efforts! Incentives are listed on each charity team page, and may include: Free entries, gear, prizes and/or great post/pre-run parties!
Sign-up Online to Raise Funds
- Register online* for the the Half-Marathon or 5k Run/Walk. This is the easiest way to enter and you will receive an instant confirmation by email.
Note: this step registers you for the event only.
*Online registration for Fundraising will open on Monday, January 28, 2013.
*Online registration closes midnight PST, Monday, June 17, 2013.
- Once you have successfully registered you will receive a confirmation email of your entry from Eventsonline and be directed to the online fundraising program. You can then create your own personal fundraising page and start collecting pledges for one of our 40+ charitable partners. Each of the charities has an online pledging system setup in support of the event!
- Follow the steps in the Fundraising section and click on 'Sign Up' and choose how you would like to fundraise. You can:
- Fundraise as an Individual — Sign up as an individual. You can create or join a fundraising team later if you want to.
- Create a Fundraising Team — Team Captains can create their teams by entering their team name & description.
- Join an exisisting Fundraising Team — Enter the name of the team you want to join or retrieve a list of registered teams by searching by the Team Captain's first or last name.
- Enter your fundraising contact information, create a username and password, and choose the charity you want to fundraise for. Your username and password allows you to log onto the fundraising website whenever you want to send solicitation emails or check your fundraising results. Your username and log in information will be sent to you in a new confirmation email. Keep this email for easy access back to your fundraising site.
This Artez Interactive online fundraising service is entirely free to you and the charity, thanks to Scotiabank's sponsorship. This way, every penny you raise goes to your chosen charity. Send invitations to your friends, family and co-workers to support you in YOUR run — for YOUR cause!
Now you're ready to start fundraising. Once you're registered, you can start sending emails to family and friends asking for their support.
Contribute to Someone's Fundraising
Search for Individual and Team Fundraising Pages here.
Collecting Pledges Offline?
If your charity of choice does not have a paper pledge form to download, please use our generic Donation Collection Form (75 KB).
Scotiabank Charity Challenge Awards
- $5,000 will be awarded to the Official Charity that has the most participants (all/any combination of events). Important: each runner/walker must raise at least $10 for the charity to count.
- $5,000 will go to the Official Charity that raises the largest amount of pledges (total $$ raised)
- $5,000 will be awarded to the Official Charity that raises the largest amount of pledge dollars per participant (i.e. a charity might have only 12 runners, but they raise an average of $3,000 each).
- Total and awards will be based on standings at 11:50pm July 8th, 2013.
- No charity can win more than one award. In the event that a charity should win more than one category, they will be awarded the prize for the category in which they have the widest margin of victory; the runner(s)–up in the other category(ies) will then win the other award(s).
2013 Official Charities
To go to a charity's main page, simply click on their logo. There, you can find out more about the charity as well as incentives and instructions for joining their team in the 2013 Scotiabank Charity Challenge!
More charities will be added as information becomes available.
Featured Charity Partners
Charity Challenge FAQ
How do I register my charity?
The Scotiabank Charity Challenge strives to represent a diverse range of needs in our community.To join the event, all interested charities must complete an application, be in good standing with the Canada Revenue Agency, and be able to issue tax receipts for donations.
If you are interested in becoming a charitable partner, please contact our local Charity Challenge Coordinator, Robert Tucker, for further details by email at .
How do I find my password?
If you need assistance recovering your username or password for your fundraising account, please visit the fundraising site.
If you require further assistance with this process, please contact our local Charity Challenge Coordinator Robert Tucker by email at .