Toronto Zoo Wildlife Conservancy
The Toronto Zoo opened its gates to animal lovers in 1974. Since then, the global extinction rate has soared from one species per year to 1,095 per year. Some of the species housed at the Zoo no longer exist in the wild. As a result, Toronto Zoo now has a host of programs designed to save species from extinction.
The Toronto Zoo is dedicated to the financial support of the Zoo’s efforts to conserve species diversity through conservation, education and research. With events like the Oasis ZooRun 10K, 5K Walk and Cub Run, the Toronto Zoo funds several conservation programs. Click here to learn more.
As the need for conservation grows, so does the need for support.
Fundraising Prizes – Support the Toronto Zoo!
Make a Top-Up Donation
You can donate directly to the Toronto Zoo during registration.
Make a General Donation
Click here to make a direct donation to the Toronto Zoo.
Personalize your Fundraising Page
And send it around to family and friends!
Sign into your account, select Menu, edit your page, then share it via email, Facebook, and Twitter. Click here for assistance in setting up your page.
Fundraise your way to amazing prizes!
Sponsor a Participant or Team
Donation drop-off will take place at the race, from 7:30 a.m.–11:00 a.m. at the Membership Kiosk.
Tax receipts will be issued for donation amounts $20 and over.
If you have any questions, please call Development at the Toronto Zoo, 416-392-9105.
CRS Merchandise for Sale
- Located in the Party Site near the Finish
- Leftover tech shirts from previous races will be sold for $5 each or 3 for $10 (cash only) in support of the Canada Running Series Foundation
The Canada Running Series Foundation’s (CRSF’s) mission is to give back to the communities we run through, and to promote healthy lifestyles through running — especially in the young! Our key project in 2018 and 2019 will be to develop a “Canada Running Schools program to coach elementary school children to incorporate a running and nutrition program into their daily lives. Please consider supporting us by purchasing CRS Merchandise or stopping by our tent to make a donation towards this program (even a loonie, toonie or cinquos will help)!
Toronto Zoo Fun Fact
Cheetahs don’t need to drink water. They get the moisture they need from the bodies of their prey.
Spectators can enter the Toronto Zoo for half price on race day from 7:30–11:30 a.m. Click here for the Toronto Zoo admission rates.
Spectators in a vehicle without a participant must pay for parking
Where are the best places to watch the runners?
The Bridge (inside the main entrance, towards the Indo-Malayan Woods)
- 10K — you will see the runners just before the 6K mark and again at the 6.5K mark
- 5K — you will see the runners right after the start
- 10K — you will see the runners at the 5.5K mark and again just after the 7K mark
- 5K — you will see the runners just after the 2K mark
African Restaurant (viewing available just north of the restaurant)
- 10K — you will see the runners at the 7.5K mark and again at the 8K mark
- 5K — you will see the runners at the 2.5K mark and again at the 3K mark
Toronto Zoo Cheer Site – Located outside the Watusi house, around the corner from the Twiga Duka Snack Bar. Come and cheer on your runners at the Toronto Zoo Cheer Site with music just before the finish line.
- 10K – you will see your runners go by at 6.5K & 9.5K
- 5K – you will see your runners go by at 4.5K