Support. Research. Hope. The mission Cure SMA Canada Society is:
- To fund the best possible Canadian research in search of a treatment or cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
- To support Canadian families and individuals affected by Spinal Muscular Atrophy in every province and territory.
- To work closely with CURE SMA (USA) and the Scientific Advisory Board in our selection of recipients of research and trial grant monies.
- To offer and supply information to any Canadian requesting it.
- To support Canadian families and individuals affected by SMA as newly diagnosed, during the affected person’s lifetime and the family after an affected person passes.
- To offer support for activities that bring families and individuals together mutually benefitting all that are involved. (example: the annual SMA conference, SMA Family Camp, Parent’s retreat)
- To support individuals with their fundraising activities benefitting Cure SMA Canada.
- To supply members with newsletters for the purpose of information, connecting and communication.
- To connect families to each other through various methods including our website, social media, through our national office, our newsletter and group activities.
- To help families realize they are not alone with the diagnoses of SMA.
- That Cure SMA Canada is here for them and will support them in any capacity we can.
We understand, because we too are affected by SMA or are parents of children born with Spinal Muscular Atrophy.