Virtual Race Safety Tips
- Complete your race solo. Do not run with anyone else, unless they live in your household
- If you are running with someone from your household, run single file, allowing others to pass you easily and safely
- Avoid high traffic pedestrian and vehicle areas. Run or walk close to home in your neighbourhood during a quieter time of day.
- Adhere to social distancing practices* while you are out running or walking. Can you safely pass someone? Can you run safely on the road? Make sure you always have a safe way to move around people to maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Complete your run on a treadmill, if this is an option that is available to you and that you would prefer.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather.
- Bring water and/or nutrition if you’re planning a longer route. There are no water stations along the way in a virtual race.
- Carry a cell phone with you during your virtual race and tell someone the route you’re running in case of emergency.
* follow the advice of your local public health authority, to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
Wherever you are! The joy of running a Virtual Race is you can start it right outside your front door. In order to avoid crowds and to adhere to social distancing we urge that you not run the original route. Please follow the guidelines outlined by your local government regarding running outdoors to ensure you are keeping yourself and your community safe. Follow normal street lights and traffic regulations like any typical solo training run you do. Your Virtual Race should be completed solo and not with a running partner or a group.
I am not able to make it to the packet pickup, how can I pick up my race kit?
If you are not able to make it to the race expo to pick up your race kit, we would suggest finding a family or friend member attend the expo to pick up your race kit.
Will we be able to pick up our race kits on Sunday morning?
There is no race kit pickup on race morning. All race kits need to be picked up at packet pickup.
Can my race kit be mailed to me?
Race kits will not be mailed prior to or after the event. They need to be picked up at the race expo.