The cost of the registration fee supports the staging of the event, including, but not limited to, the souvenir shirt, finisher medal, personalized bib, food and beverages before, during, and after the event, an official time run on a measured, certified, and secure course, a post-race experience, and more.
The fuller explanation is that we (Canada Running Series) take on all the responsibility and all the risk of the event. If at the end day when everything is paid for, there is a profit, that modest profit goes to CRS. And if there is a loss, that falls on us too. This way, our charities have a wonderful run experience for their community without the work, liability and risk. And this enables them to devote 100% of their time to fundraising, receive 100% of all donations, and have no fear of loss. We do not charge the charities a penny for providing the event and the fundraising opportunity.
Can I participate in a wheelchair?
Due to the steep hills and narrow paths, we do not encourage participants requiring the use of a wheelchair to register.
Can I participate with my handcycle?
Handcycles are not permitted to be used
Can I participate with my Nexus Rollator Walker?
Yes, you are able to participate with a Nexus Rollator Walker.
Can I participate with my motorized wheelchair?
Motorized wheelchairs are permitted in the 5k event. They must not exceed a speed of 5km/hour and must not exceed 40″ length x 30″ wide.
Service animals are the only animals permitted on course.
Trained, accredited service animals (animals trained to assist individuals with a medical or physical disability) may be permitted on course, provided that the procedures below are followed.
- Accreditation documentation by a recognized Assistance Animal program or equivalent.
- Only working animals (not including retired, trainee and companion animals), are permitted on course.
- The service animal must wear an identification harness for the duration of the event.
- The owner is responsible to clean up after their service animal.
- Race officials have the right to refuse participation if the service animal poses a safety concern.
Please note that the required documentation is to be submitted at least one week prior to the event. All documentation and inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blind Persons’ Rights Act
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
Human Rights Code
- The participant will register using the online registration system.
- Please contact email@example.com to provide your support person’s name and contact information.
- Your guide has 2 options:
- The guide can participate in the event at no cost. They will need to complete the event waiver and wear the event “GUIDE” bib on their back.
- The guide can pay the full registration fee. They will receive the event shirt, bib with timing chip & finisher medal. They will need to wear the event “GUIDE” bib on their back.
- When the participant picks up their race kit, they will receive the additional “GUIDE” bib.
If you have any questions about the information above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please e-mail email@example.com to have one of your registration entries refunded and removed from the participant data.
Deadline for changes is midnight Friday, September 13th.
Can you remove my results from sports stats?
If you would like your name removed from the results, please contact Sportstats at firstname.lastname@example.org or here https://www.sportstats.ca/about/contact.xhtml?category=Corrections.
I do not want to be listed on the participant list
If you would like your name removed from the participant list, please contact send an email to email@example.com