Virtual Race Safety Tips
– Avoid high traffic pedestrian and vehicle areas. Run or walk close to home in your neighbourhood during a quieter time of day.
– Adhere to social distancing practices* while you are out running or walking. Can you safely pass someone? Can you run safely on the road? Make sure you always have a safe way to move around people to maintain at least 6 feet of distance.
– Complete your run on a treadmill, if this is an option that is available to you and that you would prefer.
– Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather.
– Bring water and/or nutrition if you’re planning a longer route.
– Carry a cell phone with you during your virtual race and tell someone the route you’re running in case of an emergency.
* follow the advice of your local public health authority, to help stop the spread of coronavirus.