Your Registration Includes:
- Finisher medal
- Souvenir Under Armour Technical Shirt or Youth Cotton Shirt
Race Day Schedule
8:30 a.m. – 9:00a.m. 1K Kids Run Race Kit Pickup is open!
8:30 a.m. – 10:00a.m. 5K Race Kit Pickup is open!
8:30 a.m. Baggage Check is open!
9:15 a.m. 1K Kids Race Starts!
9:45 a.m. 5K Accessible Race Starts!
10:30 a.m. 5K Open Race Starts!
11:45 a.m. Fundraising Cheque Presentation for Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
Directions & Parking
Please enter the park off Leslie St. (north of Eglinton)
Volunteers will direct you to park in Lots 3 & 4
Baggage check will be available in the party site. You can check in a knapsack or smaller bag.
Please use the Baggage Tag attached to the bottom of your Race Bib (which you will receive at Race Kit Pickup.)
Tear the Baggage Tag off the bottom of your bib and safety pin it to your bag.
5K Accessible Race Start Time: 9:45 a.m. ET
5K Open Race Start Time: 10:30 a.m. ET
5K Start Location: Wilket Creek Park, Sunnybrook Park
With consultation from Holland Bloorview clients and staff we have ensured this course is accessible for most mobility devices. Please be aware that some parts of the course may have uneven terrain.
A section of our original 5K route is under construction and is not usable this year. The Park has created a detour for all guests to Sunnybrook Park that sends visitors closer to the Archery Range and up a very uneven gravel path.
As this path is not suitable for wheelchairs or other wheeled devices like a stroller, a 3rd option has been added this year, a 2 x 2.5km looped fully accessible 5K Race! Participants in the 5K Accessible Race will have the option of completing 1 or 2 of the 2.5km loops within a time limit of 45 minutes. The 5K open race will take the detour on the gravel path.
- The nearest intersection for the race is Leslie and Eglinton
- Entrance to the park is on Leslie and the road into the park and is relatively steep for some entering without a car and using a mobility device.
- Parking (lots 3 and 4 will have coned off spots for accessible parking spot). Volunteers (in high visibility vests) will be available to support you if needed
- Toilets – accessible toilets located on the pathway from the parking lot en route to the party site. There is also 1 accessible toilet directly beside the start line.
- Getting into the party site (grass area), there are wide spaces between the barriers for wheels to fit through. The widest entrance is close to the City of Toronto park name signage. Please be mindful that the party site is city maintained grass and tends to have some uneven terrain.
- 1K Kids run route and the newly added 5K accessible route are accessible for those participating with a wheeled device (wheelchairs, strollers, etc.)
- In our commitment to ensure everyone has an enjoyable race experience we have a 3rd option this year, a 2 x 2.5km looped fully accessible 5K Race! Anyone that signs up for the 5K Accessible Race will have the option of doing 1 or 2 of the 2.5km loops and will have a time limit of 45 minutes before the 5K open race starts. The 5K open race will take the detour on the gravel path. If you need support within race roster to move into this race, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please note, bicycles, rollerblades and scooters are not permitted on course or in any race.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding accessibility please reach out to email@example.com.
The time limit to complete the 5K course is:
5K Accessible: 45 mins
5K Open: 90 mins
Pre & Post-race: at the party site.
On course: near the 3K mark.
Port-o-Lets will be provided in the following locations:
- Party Site: There will be two accessible port-o-lets and four standard port-o-lets located near the start & finish line in the party site.
- To avoid lengthy lineups and stress, please give yourself ample time to use the facilities.
Odyssey Medical will provide medical services on course and at the finish line medical tent.
Use our official event hashtag #Freestyle5K to connect with our race community. Join our Freestyle 5K Facebook Event Page and follow us on Instagram:
Add this medal to your collection while supporting the Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital!